Sunday, November 21, 2010

Birthday Celebration

Ehren @ the park 2

Today I (Joshua) turned 31 years old. And to celebrate, we partied it up took Ehren on his first trip to the park. The weather has been great here this week, so we're soaking up as much sun and warmth as we can before it turns cold.

I can't believe it's already been a year since I turned 30. So much has happened in the last year it felt like I just skipped being 30 and went straight to 31. In less than two weeks it will be one year since my dad died. During that year I spent as much time traveling as I did at home. I've been stretched, beat up, disappointed, pushed to my limits in every way, excited, encouraged, supported and loved. I can't think of a better way to end the last year than to become a father.

We've been back home one week and life has taken a huge turn all at once. Our family has adopted a new member and he is amazing. All-consuming, but amazing.

Ehren @ the park 3

2 comments:

sam said...

Loved this. It's been a hell of a year... Well done you two.
Warmest wishes for many happy returns.

Lauren S said...

1. Happy birthday!
2. I love Tiffany's smile and dark hair in this picture.
3. I can't believe it's been a year since your dad died.