Friday, July 18, 2008

Curtains Are Coming

So while we were in Texas, I started making the curtains for our living room. I have had the fabric for six months but a couple of things I had to do before I could make them.

1. Get a sewing machine 2. Remind myself how to sew

To take care of those pesky details I got a sewing machine for Christmas and I took a worthless sewing class as a refresher in January. Really the only thing the class taught me was that my sewing machine sucks. Unfortunately by the time I discovered that our finances where in lock down in preparation for the European Adventure. That left me with really no options and a purple sheet still hung in front of our bay window.

On a side note: I do think that purple sheet helped with our home security while we were gone because who in their right mind is going to break in to a home with a sheet hung over the window. They are going to hit up the plantation shutter home and skip right on by us.

On returing from the trip we got a kick in the pants to finish decorating so out came the curtain dilemma again. Then the solution struck me, I can take the material home to Texas and sew it on my mom's machine. So that is why we went to Texas...to sew curtains. It had nothing to do with this. :)

making curtains

After many adjustments and trials I have finally decided that I don't have a good enough grasp of physics to be creating my own curtain pattern just yet. They aren't going to be exactly what I had planned but they are going to look better than a purple sheet. I'll have some pictures next week of the living room in its new moving towards finished state for all to enjoy. Have a great weekend.

No comments: