Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thank You Southwest

I am presently sitting in the Midwest waiting area of the San Antonio Airport because the seats are a little more comfortable than the Southwest waiting areas. Southwest oversold my flight home today so I took the voucher to get on the next flight.

I am notorious for taking vouchers to get off the planes because Joshua and I love to travel and little inconviences like this can stretch our dollars to make multiple trips a year possible. I particularly love when they oversell flights home from a job because then I get the voucher and I didn't even pay for the flight in the first place. My Lifeway co-workers didn't even bother looking for me after they called for volunteers because they just knew I was off their flight.

Unfortunately, today is a day I really want to get home to see Joshua so the voucher isn't as fun as normal. I also didn't let them sit long enough desperate because the people who finally caved after me got more money. I did force them to give me a $5 gift certificate to get food but I would much rather have an additional $50.

I have to keep reminding myself that I can use the voucher on a really great DING! fare and get Joshua and I both somewhere and all it cost me was four hours of my life.

Hope you are all having a great Saturday!

1 comment:

sam said...

yeah, come visit me!