Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Hole

Joshua is presently outside in our front yard digging a huge hole. I am not overstating it with huge. It is going to be 3ft wide and 3ft deep. The last time I checked on him he was at 2ft and counting.

As the weather is getting cooler we are moving into phase 2 of the Salem house renovation. It is really appropriate that we start now because it was about one year ago today that we tore into the inside of our house.

Quick sidenote: I can't believe one year ago we had two houses. One year ago my life looked completely different and it is crazy to think of the things that I have lost and gained in just a years time. It has been a year of mourning and celebration and because I would have to trade the good with the bad I wouldn't change a thing.

Anyway, the hole he is digging will be used for drainage off the house. We are going to be building flower beds and planting plants. Then we'll move into painting shutters and doors and replacing storm doors. It is quite a task (we really hate yardwork) but we are excited about the front of our house not looking neglected and barren any longer.

1 comment:

sam said...

that was a year ago? weird... i totally remember that time and talking to you on the phone about all of it. bizarro how time moves so quickly.