Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Teetering Around

The "World Premiere" for Billy: The Early Years is a week from tomorrow. I have enjoyed working on the project but I am ready to get this thing released. However, the whole idea of a red carpet event terrifies me in the wardrobe department.

I asked a very fashion conscious friend to go shopping with me and she was a lifesaver. I found something I liked at Anthropologie so that took some pressure off. Then, after finding the dress we found the most amazing shoes that were just what I needed for this dress. The only problem is that they were half a size too small and had 3 1/2 inch heels. I haven't worn heels anywhere near that tall in my life. I decided to suck it up and be a girl. Isn't that what girls are supposed to do, sacrifice comfort for "perfection?"

Well perfection means I'm re-learning to walk. Yesterday, I put on the shoes to cook dinner so that I had counter support all around if I fell. I also knew I would be required to stand the whole time so that was the accountability I needed. My ankles hurt and I have the start of a blister but now I can stand and walk without looking like Bambi. Joshua says I still look like I'm tippy toeing around so I'm going to work on the length of my strides this weekend.

I hope I don't fall at the event, but if I do, I'm going to look good on the way down.

3 comments:

sam said...

which dress did you get? there are so many that would look great on you... we have these amazing africa dresses...

joshntiff said...

I don't know what you call it but it is gray and looks kind of greek toga-ish (if togas were fairly low cut). I know you have it in black and dark blue as well. I tried on almost everything in the store though.

sam said...

i know that dress... it is really beautiful on, but weird on the hanger. yay!