Friday, June 27, 2008

The Secret Club

Today I have fully embraced something that I have had suspicions about for some time. That is that I am now unofficially in a new group, organization, club, gang? I don't know what to call it. What's strange is it happened without me really knowing it. It just kinda snuck up on me until today, when I fully engaged in a behavior that I have only witnessed but never participated in. What I'm referring to is the "secret biker hand greeting". If you own a bike or any two wheeled vehicle you know what I'm talking about.

Up to today I've only been the recipient of said "hand greeting", always thinking "that's interesting, I don't even know that person, but I guess since I'm on a two wheeled vehicle also we now have a common bond". I've never returned the gesture, primarily because I'm never prepared to do it and by the time I see the other person's wave it's too late, or early on I was too afraid to take my hand off the handle. Today though I saw another scooter coming down the opposite side of the road (pink I might add), I was prepared and we totally connected, both giving each other the full on "low wave" as I call it. I then immediately thought "yep, I'm now definitely in". If you want to see pictures.

1 comment:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

I'm smiling at the thought of you being in a scooter gang. :-)

With gas prices so high, I'm seeing more scooters on the road every day... and I'm saying "hi" to every one of them as well, even though I ride a motorcycle. Hopefully this idea will become the norm.