Wednesday, August 6, 2008

How I Know I'm Doing It Right

wall panelThis is our most recent addition to our decorating scheme. Between it and the curtains we are starting to look a bit "put together" in the living room. We would have the borrowed art work over the fireplace by now but we are always driving the scooter when we think about it.

We bought the print you see on etsy intending to have it and the mask be a part of a grouping on the other side of the fabric piece. However, the background is too close to the wall color so it will end up in our hallway. We are still on the lookout for the things that will join the mask hanging on the wall so let me know if you see anything I would like.

Anyway, let me show you the thing that seems to trip everyone up:

wall panel detail

The general concensus is positive, but literally everyone asks when we are going to hang it on the wall. Let me take this moment to say, it is in its final resting spot. We built a thick frame and intend it to stay where it is - leaning against the wall.

I take no offense when people ask that question. I do feel bad though, because some people get embarrassed when I say "actually that's the way its supposed to be."

Honestly, I like it that everyone tilts their head and "hmms" at it. If people got it that would be normal, and I want none of that.

1 comment:

Michael and Jana said...

Good to know. I would have asked.