Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tastes Like Chicken

Okay so I'm thinking that Prague is the least European of the cities we have visited so far. Feels kind of like America...and I'm not sure why because everything is still written in a foreign language and the roads are still cobblestone. Maybe it is because this place is crawling with American college students and so the city is starting to adjust to their presence? I don't know, it is hard to explain. All I know is I did not expect that at all.

The second most surprising thing is how close everything is. We literally didn't step foot on public transportation and had to slow ourselves down so we wouldn't see everything on our list for the whole city in one day. It was nice to be moving totally on foot again because it is such a different kind of sightseeing rather than popping out of the ground at different parts of the city. Josh and I both agree if we can walk a city we will like it better.

Tonight was one of the only events we had planned for the trip. We had tickets to go see the opera Carmen. We decided that the opera was something we wanted to experience in Europe and I know the music of Carmen from my marching band days so it was a perfect match. We had a great time, but left our camera at home (a silly decision) so no pictures of us in our ratty backpacking clothes sitting in a box at the beautiful state opera house. Also, sadly, no picture of the couple in the box across from us making out the whole show-sorry about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it but I will, "I told yall so." Walking is so much better. Tawna